This yummy keto breakfast dish doesn’t have to be just for breakfast. I love to eat this keto loaded baked avocado recipe for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
It is best to try to use large avocados and medium sized eggs when making this low carb dish.
If you do use larger eggs it is usually best to try to separate the yolk and the white then add the egg white as needed after you have placed the yolk in the avocado. Otherwise you may end up with an overflow from the egg white.
Also using pastured eggs improves the taste so much.
Another tip for cooking your baked avocados, instead of using a cookie sheet, put your avocado over the holes of a muffin tin. This way they won’t rock and tip over when you are putting them into the oven. When doing this I like to line the muffin tin hole with foil, that way there is less of a mess to clean up when you are done.
Keto Loaded Baked Avocado Ingredients:
- 2 large avocados
- 4 pastured medium eggs
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 4 pieces of uncured bacon
- Celtic Sea Salt to Taste
- Sliced Chives
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line muffin tin holes you will be using or cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the large avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the avocado pits. If you need a larger area to put your egg use a spoon to remove some of the avocado around the pit hole.
- One at a time crack one egg into a small bowl and then transfer carefully into the open avocado pit area of an avocado half. If needed separate your egg yolk and white, add the yolk first then white as needed to fill up the avocado pit area. Do this for all the avocado halves.
- Season with salt to taste. You can also use pepper if you would like.
- Bake the egg filled avocados for 20 to 23 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- While the avocados are baking, cook your bacon slices and crumble them once cooked.
- Remove the baked avocados from the oven and top with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon pieces. Add sour cream and chives. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 308 / 3 g Net Carbs
Fat: 27 grams
Carbs: 8 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Protein: 12 grams