This chicken breast recipe is healthy and flavorful and can be made quickly in the air fryer. The chicken is first marinated in a honey balsamic marinade, which adds the right amount of sweetness and acidity. Then, it is cooked in the air fryer until it is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This dish can be served with a side of vegetables or rice.
If you’re looking for a healthy, flavorful chicken recipe, this one is definitely worth trying.
Air Fryer Honey Balsamic Marinated Chicken Ingredients and Substitutions
Chicken Breasts: I have only used chicken breasts for this recipe, but boneless skinless chicken thighs could be used instead.
Balsamic Vinegar: This is one of the key ingredients for this recipe. You don’t have to use a particular brand, any balsamic vinegar will be fine to use.
Tamari: Tamari is used in this marinade and is a great gluten-free alternative to soy sauce. If you prefer you can substitute with soy sauce, this will result in a saltier taste though.
Herbs and Seasonings: Ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and oregano are all used in the marinade.
Brown Sugar: If you don’t have any brown sugar you can double the amount of honey as a substitute.
Honey: This is the other key ingredient for this marinade, honey helps give the nice sweet glaze that develops on the outside of the chicken.
Lime Juice: Juice from a fresh lime is best, but you can use bottled lime juice if needed. Lemon juice is another alternative if lime juice is not available.
Air Fryer Honey Balsamic Marinated Chicken Breast
- 2-4 Chicken Boneless Skinless Breast
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Oil spray of choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix together balsamic vinegar, tamari, lime juice, brown sugar, honey, oregano, ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Stir until mixed well.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and vinegar to taste.
- Using the same bowl, add chicken to the marinade, or you can put the chicken in a Ziploc bag and then add the marinade to the bag. Make sure that the chicken is covered as much as possible with marinade.
- Place chicken and marinade into the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour, turning the chicken over halfway through.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for 5 minutes.
- Spray both sides of the chicken breasts with spray oil and place them into the preheated air fryer. Air fry at 375°F for 10 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook at 375°F for an additional 5 to 8 minutes. (Internal temperature of the chicken should be 165°F)