*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals. And I love to have it for dinner. This Keto Cowboy Breakfast skillet hits the spot when those breakfast food cravings hit when on the keto diet.
A Cast Iron Skillet is best to use with this, but if you don’t have one then a non-stick skillet will do.
I like to cook my bacon in the same pan I’m cooking the keto breakfast skillet in. After cooking just discard, or save the bacon grease, and then start cooking the rest.
Keto Cowboy Breakfast Skillet Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz radishes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup mini sweet peppers, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips crispy thick-cut bacon
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Cook thick cut bacon until crispy, set aside on a plate. Drain excess bacon fat from skillet.
- Use one tablespoon of the unsalted butter and melt it in a large skillet.
- Add the quartered radishes, diced red onion, and Italian seasoning to the melted butter in the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Stir skillet contents occasionally, cook this until the radishes start to develop some color, it is usually about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and the chopped peppers to the skillet. Cook and stir occasionally, until the pepper softens.
- Create four grooves in the skillet by pushing the vegetables to the side. Add an egg into each opening that you created and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked to your desired consistency.