This easy to make no bean chili recipe is great to make in your slow cooker or instant pot for an easy weeknight dinner.
You can make this chili using your crockpot or you can use the slow cooker feature on an Instant Pot. I always make this for my family using the Instant Pot as a slow cooker because it makes the process easier since the beef needs to be browned. And less dishes to clean is always better.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker No Bean Chili:
- Ground Beef – We use 85/15 ground beef to give a bit more flavor with the fat from the beef when it cooks. If you are wanting to trim the amount of fat in the recipe you can use a leaner cut such as 90/10 or even swap out the ground beef for ground turkey.
- Onion – The type of onion you use for this recipe is all dependent upon your personal taste. You can also use precut frozen onion to help save some prep time, and some tears from having to cut up the onion.
- Green Bell Peppers – If you are like me and love bell peppers, feel free to increase the amount used. And like the onion, you can also use precut frozen bell peppers to help save time. I have used up to 10 oz when using the frozen precut bell peppers.
- Tomato Paste and Diced Tomatoes – I always seem to waste tomato paste if I use a couple of tablespoons out of the can, so I just dump the whole thing in. I like the flavor that it gives the chili. If you don’t want to use a whole can you don’t have to. I would recommend increasing the diced tomatoes to 2 cans if you don’t use a whole can of tomato paste.
- Salsa Verde – You can make your own salsa verde or just buy a small can. Due to supplies being low for fresh ingredients I stick to the canned salsa verde. Choose your spice level when picking out the salsa verde you are going to use.
- Chili Spices – The spices in this recipe (chili powder, oregano, paprika, ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder) are for a mild chili. If you like spicy food add more chili or your preferred spice to increase the spicy level.
- Sea Salt – If you use regular table salt instead of sea salt, cut the amount in half.
- 1 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 15 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 7 oz can of Salsa Verde
- 15 oz can of Corn - drained
- 6 oz can of Tomato Paste
- 15 oz can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Green Bell Peppers - chopped
- 1/2 onion - diced
- 1/4 cup Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
1. Brown ground beef. Add browned beef and juices to the crock pot. If using Instant Pot you can brown the meat by using the saute setting and leave it in the Instant Pot.
2. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salsa verde, diced tomato, and beef stock. Stir and mix well.
3. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic, onion powder, and sea salt. Stir and mix well.
4. Add in chopped bell peppers, diced onion, and drained corn. Stir and mix well.
5. Cook on High for 4 hours or on Normal for 6 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
6. Serve and enjoy. Top with shredded cheese for some extra flavor.
You can add additional spices to change the spiciness of the recipe.