New York style cheesecake is one of my many weaknesses, so a keto New York style cheesecake is an amazing thing to have for me.
This Keto New York style cheesecake has always been a hit with my family, and I usually get a few requests a year to make it for some of them.
It can take a bit for chilling the cake, so usually if this is needed for after dinner I make sure I get started on it earlier in the day. If you need it for the next day then that is perfect timing for letting everything chill in the fridge overnight.
Now I don’t really care for super sweet, so if you like sweeter things you might want to up the amount of sweetener you use for the cheesecake itself.
This was inspired from New York Strawberry Cheesecake from New York Keto. One of the main things that I modified in this cheesecake recipe is the crust, because the original was way too thick for me. I also used golden monk fruit to give the crust more of a graham crakery taste.
I do more low carb than hardcore keto so I did do a strawberry topping, that was just frozen strawberries with a couple of tablespoons of monk fruit sweetener. Usually, just strawberries are sweet enough for me so I didn’t feel the need to go all out on adding sweetness to them.
But it doesn’t require any toppings, it is delicious without.
Or if you would like something other than strawberries you can swap out as you would like.
The nutrition info is without the topping, so be sure to add in any topping if you are keeping track of calories and/or carbs.
Keto NY Style Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup softened salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Golden Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Better Half Coconut Cream & Almond Milk (You can sub with Half and Half or Heavy Cream)
- Oil to grease springform pan.
- 24 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 16 oz Frozen Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift Almond Flour, Baking Powder, and Golden Monk Fruit into a mixing bowl.
- Add Better Half Coconut Cream & Almond Milk (or substitute), egg, vanilla extract, and softened salted butter to sifted mixture in mixing bowl and mix well.
- Grease springform pan with oil
- Pour crust mixture into the springform pan and level out.
- Bake for 20 min or until toothpick comes out clean from center
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
For the Cheesecake:
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, vanilla extract, sour cream, Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, and eggs.
- Use a mixer to mix together ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture into springform pan with the cooked crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for an hour and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Once the cheesecake is cool you can add a topping if desired.
For the Topping
- Place frozen strawberries in a saucepan and heat on medium heat.
- Once strawberries become soft add sweetener and then use a potato masher to crush the strawberries.
- Continue to cook on low for about 30 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool for around 10 minutes then place in refrigerator to cool further.
- After it is a cool place on top of cooled cheesecake.